Our last announcement made a huge impact. So we won’t make this complicated and tell our plans very basicly.
But first of all, it’s almost impossible for us to compete with big projects as WE DON’T HAVE:
- A high budget (less than $50,000 in total)
- A big team (our team consists of 5 people, 1 person for each profession and many things outsourced till now)
- A huge community leading new things even if we don’t bring any updates (cats love to sleep too much, so we are outnumbered, also we couldn’t provide enough tools for our community to do more things for us)
As you know (or don’t) Cupcats started as a female artist’s dream, cupkitten never planned to make something huge but things changed with many eyes turning towards us, people had huge expectations but we weren’t good enough, so we failed to meet with those expectations so far.
That doesn’t mean we gave up, we didn’t, but we have a very small team and we are unable to publish updates back to back. This is why we decided to stay silent for couple of months (between 2–4 months) until we finish everything we work on.
- We’ll make a “Cupcat Month” somewhere between May-July 2023
- Currently we won’t give any updates on things we work on till then
- Currently we work on more than 10 different projects
- Some things we work on are huge and some of them are little
This doesn’t mean we’ll be unavailable during this time. We’ll keep being active in the Discord and will do our best on Twitter as long as we have ideas to tweet. We don’t have a dedicated social media person and don’t have budget to hire someone so any help from community would be appreciated.
Our current focus:
Order is not prioritized except this:
- Opening our online shop. We have a warehouse in China for our plushies and pins and we waste our liquidity each day since we couldn’t start selling any plushies or pins. This also prevents us from producing new products from Chinese vendors. Our first goal is to create our online shop for our plushies and pins. This will also include a claim page for Cupcat holders for Cupcat pins. We won’t be able to cover shipping but every Cupcat holder will be able to claim a pin or four (depending on Cupcat count) in return of shipping fee. We won’t be making many from these claims, it will only cover shipping.
General (Related to all projects or non)
- We’ll have an airdrop for all Cupcat holders, and we are also looking for what we can do for Kitten and Catgirl holders too. It will be a physical item, and due to budgetary issues we won’t be able to cover shipping expenses. It will be everyone’s own choice to claim it or not. We won’t give any info on the item yet but it will be an item everyone can use with their friends.
- We have project to reflect CT culture and combine with a very known topic. This is one of our most secret projects, can’t reveal anything yet. This project might be released a little late than June as it involves professional printing.
- A play and earn (physical rewards, not coins or money related things) system is in the builds.
- We were planning to make an automated Twitter bot for more visibility to create something new, but if Twitter API become paid, we would need to cancel this project so we are unable to give more information on this right now.
- We are looking to create better trading ways for Cupcats, Kittens and Catgirls, this project has not started yet but we plan to finish this until June.
- We’ll have a utility for all projects, we plan to provide a place for all holders (regardless of project) to earn money from their NFTs. “Earning” part will be up to how good you advertise but we’ll also help. We think this project will create more awareness.
- At last, token was in our plans since the start, but we couldn’t make it. Currently we have knowledge on creating a token, we have knowledge to make tokenomics, we reserved some ETH for liquidity but there is nothing meaningful we can connect to. After seeing a lot of bad executions, we noticed pay would be very little for holders, it would be dead before we know it. We still want to create a token when we can connect that to something, unfortunately we couldn’t back our promise on this and we accept any backlash.
- A new gamified website is on the way to cover all 3 projects we have.
- We announced interchangeable PFPs long time ago but didn’t fulfill yet. We will have more options for that. We will also enhance the dashboard to give more tools.
- Cuprooms. We plan to connect Cuprooms with a mini game where people can play and earn prizes. Cuprooms won’t be another NFT drop but rather will be something you can show on OpenSea connected to your Cupcat. Our play to earn system will be connected to Cuprooms.
- It’s already known we made a Lo-Fi music album. All music will be royalty free for all Cupcat, Kitten and Catgirl holders to use in their content. We will also apply to royalty free music provider places, any income (if we make any) will be added to Cupcats treasury.
- A little non-monetary utility is coming for all Cupcat holders, not much details but we can say it’ll be cute and shareable on socials to create more awareness.
- Lore is one of the things we’ve been working on for a time. We already have a very rich world (but you don’t know) and we want to show this with an impressive project. We are working on something both impressive and easy to use for our special lore website.
- Mobile game will be updated to its latest version and will be launched completely. We anticipate this to happen before May but things can be delayed till May-June.
- We are looking to make Kittens like Beanz of Azuki. Incorporated with the main collection and can be shown together. This is a small update but we’ll do it in the future.
- There will be special backgrounds for kittens to choose, just like catgirls.
- Things in “general” section will mostly apply to Kittens too.
- As you know (or shockingly don’t) we did something no one did before with Catgirls: Changing expressions and backgrounds. We are adding more to this with a new dashboard. With the new dashboard you’ll be able to customize your catgirl much more and some of then are “never been done before” things. This is a whole project with a lot of features.
For now, these are all we can share. There are more ideas, our brain never stops but first we need to finish some things and prove that we can launch things, then we can work on what’s next.
We are aware of promises we couldn’t hold. For every promise we couldn’t hold, we are dying inside and the stress of it never leaves our team, but that’s also drives us to move forward. We will not give up until we completely fail, but we are also open to any help.
Final note: We are also trying to reach out to IRL brands who could be interested in collabing with Cupcats and potential investors who could move us forward faster, we couldn’t get any results yet but we are trying our hardest.
Thank you for reading this wall of cats.
With love, cupkitten & cupfish.